Swine Melanoma Population
These sample pedigree drawings are based on a swine melanoma population provided by Dr. C. Beattie, University of Nevada-Reno, and Dr. M. Amos, Texas A&M University, who kindly gave permission to distribute these graphics.
- smpedsum1 (PDF, 131 kB) - Full swine pedigree with offspring summarization method 1.
- smpedsum2 (PDF, 50 kB) - Full swine pedigree with offspring summarization method 2.
- smpedextract (PDF, 37 kB) - The ancestors, siblings, and descendants of individual 196039 as extracted from the full swine pedigree
- smpedfull (PDF, 307 kB) - Full pedigree of a swine population with all individuals displayed.
These sample pedigree drawings are based on a Directory of Royal Genealogical Data with over 40,000 individuals of over 100 generations. This is an unofficial dataset known to have data errors available from www3.dcs.hull.ac.uk.
- royalfull (PDF, 5.4 MB) - The full pedigree of European royalty.
- queenvict (PDF, 629 kB) - All ancestors and descendants of Victoria Hanover, Queen of Britain.
Miles City Line 1 of Hereford Cattle
These sample pedigree drawings are based on the pedigree of the Miles City Line 1 of Hereford cattle provided by Dr. Michael MacNeil of USDA/ARS, who kindly gave permission to distribute these graphics.
- mcl1full (PDF, 1.8 MB) - Full pedigree with all individuals displayed.
- sequenced_cow (PDF, 113 kB) - This is the pedigree drawing of the cow that is used for the bovine genome sequencing and of her sire that is the DNA source of the CHORI 240 BAC library. The pedigree data was provided by Dr. M. D. McNeil of USDA/ARS.
References for Miles City Line 1
- MacNeil M. D. and S. Newman. (1994). Genetic Analysis of Calving Date in Miles City Line 1 Hereford Cattle. J. Anim. Sci. 72:3073-3079.
- MacNeil M. D., J. J. Ulrick, S. Newman, and B. W. Knapp. (1992). Selection for Postweaning Growth in Inbred Hereford Cattle: The Fort Keogh, Montana Line 1 Example. J. Anim. Sci. 70:723-733.
- Tess M. W. and M. D. MacNeil (1994). Evaluation of Cytoplasmic Genetic Effects in Miles City Line 1 Hereford Cattle. J. Anim. Sci. 72:851-856.